Friday, June 15, 2007

Steven Mackin would have turned 28 today

It's been a few months since Steven died. It hurts big time that he is gone. I often find myself observing something or watching a TV show that I know Steven would have just loved and find myself thinking that it's just impossible that he's not there to share trashy stuff with.

Today he would have turned 28 and a few people have been leaving messages on his MySpace page. I am just glad that I got to know him and, as of late, that I have been able to communicate with his mom and sisters as well.

A bud posted a YouTube video that speaks for all of us (see below). I still cry every time I see it. I am honored that it begins with the image above, which I sent to Steven a few days before he passed away. He just loved it big time.

From his LiveJournal on his birthday last year, before he knew the cancer was back, "My Life in pictures."

I miss you so bub.

2 comments:

Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

This was a touching post to a man I've never met but gained a sense of his spirit from your tribute. How tragic that he left us so soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrés – I first learned about Steven from your posts and came to observe a wise and profoundly brave young man – one that persevered in the face of insurmountable odds. It is indeed sad that today would've been his birthday – even more sad that such a warm and courageous individual has left this world. But take heart – I truly believe that Steve is smiling with you still and is now in a place where he's forever young.