So yesterday was Queens Pride. Let me show you a bit of what we saw (top to bottom, as it were):
- Queens personalilty "La Paisa" in the first of a few dresses worn during the day.
- A bunch of guys dressed like smiley multi-colored condoms (safe-sex is important, after all)
- Hispanic AIDS Forum and their contingent, which commemorated victims of hate crimes by carrying make-shift coffins (one of the best contingents of the day)
- The sweet girls from Chueca Bar (probably the float that got the most response)
- A Queens family watching the parade from their apartment window
- Those bunch of cooky guys who seem to confuse Islamic faith with the usual schpiel used by extreme right-wing US fundamentalists (third or fourth year in a row that they have demonstrated, thankfully they seemed to have lost some converts along the way including the women that joined them last year)
- Oooh! Sofa sale!
- Bolivar and I hanging out at Friend's Tavern, with Noel, who took the pic (yay!)
By the way, other bloggers also had their very own Queens Pride (go figure!). Namely: