Friday, March 23, 2007

Rev. Ruben Diaz: Gays might be reason for FBI probe

I can't say that I was surprised to read in the New York Daily News this morning that the homophobic State Senator (and Reverend) Ruben Diaz, Sr. was under investigation by the FBI (his son, Ruben Diaz, Jr. as well). After all, I have kept a pretty good eye on the Reverend and his alleged misdeeds almost since I began this blog - and the article does a good job in spelling some of them out.

But in a brief interview this afternoon with The Politicker's Azi Paybarah the elder Diaz first denies any knowledge of the investigation and then speculates on who might want him under FBI purview:

"I have tons of enemies out there trying to get me. Because of my position. You know, I've been outspoken on certain issues, like gay marriage, abortion. All those things. I might create enemies."

Well, it certainly wasn't me so maybe it was the pro-choicers?

UPDATE: The New York Times also has a story on the FBI probe here.

No comments: