Well, here's some news: Long time activist and philanthropist Terry Bean has launched a blog to encourage LGBT community members to contribute to the Barack Obama campaign in these presidential elections.
The site, which provides fundraising tools to help the campaign, information on how Obama compares to John McCain on LGBT issues (and, truly, McCain is simply no match), links to local "Obama for President" meet-ups and events and tools to encourage your friends to support Obama, can be found by clicking on the above image or here:
The effort is also notable for something else: Featuring a bevvy of well-known bloggers and activists for content and comentary.
- John Aravosis and Joe Sudbay at AMERICAblog
- Bil Browning, Jerame Davis and the crew at Bilerico Project (and associated blogs Bilerico Project - Florida and Bilerico Project - Indiana)
- Yours truly at Blabbeando
- Michael Crawford at Bloggernista
- David Mixner at, well, David Mixner
- Waymon Hudson at Fight Out Loud
- From the Left
- Jeremy Hooper at Good As You
- HRCbackstory, the Human Rights Campaign official blog
- Hillary Rosen at The Huffington Post
- Obama Pride and Obama Pride - Metro DC
- Michael Rogers at Page One Q
- Pam Spaulding at Pam’s House Blend
- Cathy Renna and the team at Renna Communications
- Rod McCullum at Rod 2.0 Beta
- Keith Boykin and the team at The Daily Voice
- Michelangelo Signorile at The Gist
- Terrance Heath at The Republic of T
- Daniel DiRitio at Thought Theater
- Andy Towle at Towleroad
- Marti Abernathey at TransAdvocate
Others in the LGBT for Obama team include television actor Chad Allen, former HRC Executive Director Elizabeth Birch, Reverend Gene Robinson and community activists Phil Attey, Vic Basile, Jeff Hickey, Corey Johnson, Robin Kane and Jake Kaskey.
At the moment, the two top posts explain the purpose of the blog and showcases a comparisson table between Obama and McCain.
Fresh daily content can be found right below those two posts.