Sunday, September 28, 2008

Musica: Omar Lye-Fook

On a gray and rainy day, I finally got around to uploading the video footage I caught with my camera at the ultra rare August 14th NYC appearance by UK neo-soul / r'n'b singer Omar Lye-Fook (one of my all time favorite artists).

In part, it had taken me a while to upload the videos due to the unfortunate awful sound quality. I should have known that others had uploaded better clips on YouTube from some of the shows he did on the mini-tour. To wit:

"Ghana Emotion" from the show at SOB's (another take here):


A cover of one of my favorite songs. Roy Ayer's "Everybody Loves the Sunshine" from a February show in North Carolina:


From the same show, his recent international hit "It's So...":


Here's his take on Stevie Wonder's "Be Thankful" from a January show in France (another angle here):


If you'd like to know more about Omar or purchase some of his amazing records:

1 comment:

Langston Baldwin said...

Nice Blog.

OMAR is so under-rated.