Sunday, March 08, 2009

My New York: Star-struck


After the rally at the Spanish embassy yesterday and the bad news from Colombia this weekend I needed to head out and hang out with friends. I did - and I have to say I had a great time with The Doug at the usual bear haunts (Dugout, Ty's. et al.). At Ty's? The Bob! Yeah, yeah! I know, the Hüsker Dü stuff? Primo! But his solo stuff? Love it even more! Promised him I'd make it to Joe's Pub when he's back in New York in April. I don't easily get star-struck but, trust me! I was.

6 comments:

Juan Duque said...

Muy bacano! Mandale saludes la próxima!!

dm3080 said...

I had a great time, and Bob was really cool.

Some Other Guy said...

haha Bob Mould! I wouldn't be able to deal with him, even though he's probably a lot nicer than he was 20 years ago. Husker Du daze.....

Some Other Guy said...

Greg Norton, then Grant Hart, then maybe Bob Mould in order of niceness in Husker Du IMHO. But ultimately they paled in comparison to the Minutemen who were miles ahead and had better shows. I know, I'm kvetching...

Anonymous said...

I met him a couple of years back myself and was similarly starstruck. Sweet as hell and as talented as ever. I heart Bob Mould.

Caro said...

Holy cow! I haven't seen a pic of Bob Mould in several years and would not have recognized him with the beard.

His first solo album one of my all-time favorites -- so raw!

Good stuff!