Saturday, January 08, 2011

A shout out from Senator Ruben Diaz, Sr.



Joe.My.God. and Towleroad might get shout-outs from the likes of Kylie and Gaga but, hey, I get shout-outs too!

"I respect him," New York State Senator Ruben Diaz, Sr. says in a new video clip, "Look, Blabbeando, I read you, and I admire the way he writes, because he is impartial."

That nugget comes from last night's edition of "Pura Politica" on Time Warner's NY1 en Español and I probably would have choked on my cereal if I had been eating my cereal.

It shouldn't have surprised me so much. In October, the Senator's office released a statement thanking me for admitting I'd been wrong in saying that Senator Diaz had been mum on the recent anti-gay hate crimes committed in the Bronx. But I had assumed it had been someone in his press office putting out the statement.

I've certainly been a longstanding critic of the Reverend for his homophobia and in the interview he says he doesn't think I like him that much. Well, I'm not sure there's any love lost on his side either. But, in this case, I do appreciate his kind words about the blog.

Thank you, Senator Diaz.

1 comment:

libhom said...

I would have simply ignored him. The man is a vicious bigot who hates you and me and wants us dead.