Through a tweet sent this morning on the official Twitter account of the U.S. Embassy in the Dominican Republic ambassador James "Wally" Brewster and his husband Bob Satawake sent this powerful message to all Dominicans in observance of the month of June as LGBT pride month.
Since his nomination to the diplomatic post Brewster has weathered constant attacks from conservative and religious fundamentalist in the United States and the Dominican Republic and, in response, he has not shied away from engaging those attacks head on with dignity and, as this powerful video shows, strength.
"A message in light of LGBT pride month":
- U.S. ambassador to the Dominican Republic and his husband male powerful 'LGBT pride' video (Towleroad)
- U.S. ambassador celebrates pride month with husband, asks "isn't it time to stop hating?" (Joe.My.God.)
- Ambassador Wally Brewster and husband send LGBT pride greeting from Dominican Republic (Steve Rothaus' Gay South Florida Blog - Miami Herald)
- U.S. Ambassador to the Dominican republic and husband meet with Dominican President and wife (March 24, 2014)
- Diplomats boycott event after husband of gay U.S. ambassador is asked not to attend (February 19, 2014)
- Diplomatic row brewing over U.S. Ambassador's decision to meet with Dominican LGBT leaders (February 14, 2014)
- U.S. ambassador to the Dominican Republic and husband meet with Dominican LGBT advocates (February 11, 2014)
- Dominican cardinal uses the Spanish word for "faggot" to refer to U.S. ambassador nominee (July 2, 2014)