Thursday, July 12, 2007

ITN: The Latino edition of GayNewsWatch

In the news: As we prepare to go on hiatus (El Blabbeador is taking some much needed vacation time and it's not certain if I will have access to the internet starting on Monday through mid-August), we'd like to point out that someone seems intent in driving Blabbeando out of business (in a good way, I mean).

I haven't had much time to devote to covering some of the latest news from Latin America but, with increasing frequency, I log on to GayNewsWatch and I find English-language blurbs and links to English-language blog posts that have beat me to the punch anyway.

If you want to see what I mean, bookmark this link:

http://www.gaynewswatch.com/Page.cfm?PageID=8&RID=3

It will lead you to the latest LGBT news stories and blog posts related to Latino / Hispanic culture or Latin America on the site.

Among the recent stuff they have covered that I have not: Federico Garcia Lorca's ode to Walt Whitman, Puerto Rican political parties seeks out gay candidates, Carlos Gardel now said to have been gay, Border city hosts bi-national Brazil-Bolivia pride and Caribbean gay man wins damages for police harassment.

I am also thankful for their prominent featuring of this blog on their site.

No comments: