Friday, November 13, 2009

Coda: Maine



During my stay in Maine a couple of weeks back, as I followed the "No on 1" campaign in it's attempt to beat back an effort to strip away marriage rights from same-sex couples, I ran into two young guys producing an online documentary on the last days of the campaign.

Chase Whiteside
and Erick Stoll of New Left Media (above) just sent me a message alerting me that they had just posted the resulting documentary on YouTube in two parts. In it, they capture the mood of the campaign, campaign supporters, staff and volunteer during those last hours - and a sense that "No on 1" might win. It also captures the heartbreak when election night results begin to show that a win is not at hand.

Here is part 1...


And part 2...


Blink and you might miss a shot of me at the blogger's table on election night... My photos here...

1 comment:

libhom said...

Maine has placed itself outside of my New England vacation next summer. I've started finding alternatives to Tom's of Maine products. If I had been a Land's End customer, that would have stopped too.