Leonor and Armando Garzon, his parents, would like to invite readers in the New York City metropolitan area to join them on Tuesday for a vigil in his memory that will take place in Jackson Heights, Queens, beginning at 7:30pm at the corner of Roosevelt Avenue and 80th Street (Take the F/E/R/7 Trains to Roosevelt Avenue/74th St).
On Thursday, September 6th, the family will also be holding a remembrance mass at the Our Lady of Fatima Church at 25-56 80th Street in Jackson Heights, Queens.
For more information you can write to the Garzons at email@example.com or call 718 899-8035.
In related news, over at The Republic of T. blogger Terrence Heath has launched an online LGBT Hate Cimes Project and featured the tragic deaths of Eddie Garzon and Julio Rivera - both within a block though 11-years apart - in yesterday's post.
- July 25, 2007: Judge Declares Mistrial in Eddie Garzon murder case
- July 13, 2007: Trial Begins in the Slaying of Edgar Garzon
- February 8, 2007: Michael J. Sandy and Edgar Garzon pre-trial hearings underway
- October 18, 2006: A Pansy for Edgar Garzon
- September 5, 2006: 5th Annual Memorial Mass and Vigil in honor of Eddie Garzon
- July 7, 2006: Gay City News on Eddie Garzon
- July 1, 2006: Armando Garzon talks to El Diario La Prensa
- June 30, 2006: New York Times: Stepping off plane, man is arrested in '01 murder
- June 29, 2006: Eddie Garzon: After five years, an arrest
- Part 1: The Attack
- Part 2: COLEGA and Eddie Garzon
- Part 3: So what is, exactly, is a 'hate crime'? (and a prayer)
- Part 4: Eddie Garzon passes on
- Part 5: The Vigil
- Part 6: A Newsday Editorial
- Part 7: A parade of angels
- Part 8: Epilogue