It also depicts the outrage felt by certain conservative bastions (including the Catholic Church) at what they see as a loss of values and licentious decadence run amok.
From the article:
The conservatives run scared from these issues because they are afraid voters will see their true intolerance, Mexico is changing little by little and the capital is at the forefront of that change. People visit from the provinces and see it is better to live with rights and tolerance. And they want to take those rights home with them - PRD leglislator David Sanchez Camacho, the only openly gay lawmaker in the Mexican CongressFor the full article go here: "Mexico City: A den of sin or a beacon of liberty?"
Previously on Blabbeando:
- Mexico: Folk dancing from the land 'where no fags are born / and those who are born die' (July 23, 2008)
- Mexico: Ex-gay movement tries to spread its reach outside US borders (May 19, 2008)
- Mexico: Transgender man weds transgender woman (May 18, 2008)
- Mexico: More shocking details emerge in murder of gay man (February 29, 2008)
- Mexico: Man stoned to death, blamed for 'infecting people with AIDS' (February 25, 2008)
- Mexico: The church loves the gays but only if they stop having sex (August 31, 2007)
- Mexico: Gay rights leader murdered (January 16, 2007)