Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Dad

On Monday night I got a call from my dad from Colombia. It made me realize that it had been a while since I called so it was great to hear from him. Damn thing, though, the battery on my 'newish' phone is dying out and I keep forgetting to replece it so, having warned him that the call might cut off at any minute, we actually got to speak for a whopping five to ten minutes. In any case, he told me that he was enjoying my postings on the blog (!) and that it helps him to keep up on his English. For a while there when I 'came out' to him I acted like a jerk and expected him to 'get it' all at once. Since then, though, our relationship has gotten so much better - despite the distance - and my boyfriend Raul actually is amazed by how proud my dad seems to be of me and my accomplishments. It is always nice to stop and say "I love you dad" from time to time, so, if Dairo Duque is reading, hey dad - I Love ya (p.s. - I'll call this weekend!)

No comments: