Wednesday, February 22, 2006

New York Marriage Ambassadors

Look! It's my friend Carolina Cordero Dyer, her partner Claudia Glaser, and their twins Diego Alexander and Carmen Lucia on the front page of this week's New York Blade! They are featured in a project led by the Empire State Pride Agenda, Lambda Legal, GLAAD and the ACLU to train "Marriage Embassadors" who can advocate for the right of same-sex couples to marry in New York State. The story also features the great straight-ally and Latino-PFLAG leader Nila Marrone. As part of the project myself I will be helping them to organize a people of color specific training here in New York on March 17th and 18th. For more information you can go to the Empire State Pride Agenda's website.

The Blade also features another project in which I am involved through the National Latino Coalition for Justice on which I posted earlier. That article can be found here.

No comments: