Friday, May 25, 2007

Sadness

So there's a trend afoot among my blog roll listers. Joe.My.God has shared, as of late, his observations about Shelly Winters, while Manhattan Offender recently introduced Sybil. Never mind that my friend Doug keeps trying to guilt trip me into joining the trend (then again his best pal Bugsey has his own MySpace page).

But with the joy of having a little friend at home also come responsibilities as well as much love. And, of course, sometimes life happens which is why we are a bit sad today.

You see, I've known of Benji (pictured) probably as long as I've had Rex as a friend and know exactly just how much he is loved. I guess devil dog Piper showed me more spazzy love the times I visited which made Rex think I was a bit partial to the red menace. But, at the end of the day, how could you not also love Benji in all his Benji-nesness? So we fretted when Benji broke his foot a while back and now feel sad that a recent diagnosis does not bode well for his future.

For now he seems oblivious. Let's hope, as the weeks pass, that he won't suffer much.

No comments: