The project, which would compile the top 20 mixed-genre song submissions for a CD that will be released in October 28th of 2007, is the brain-child of Jake Wheat, Station Manager of Streetblast.com.
The idea, Wheat says, came from his desire to say good-bye to Steven Mackin (pictured), who died of the illness on October 28th of 2006 - something he was not able to do while Steven was alive.
Steven’s loss has saddened and angered me more than I can explain. Steven is owed a distinctive honor. Some good has to come from this sadness. This project is dedicated to Steven Michael Mackin, and this tribute to him will help find a cure, and to also support others cope with Ewing’s Sarcoma. We will stomp out Ewing’s, one way or another100% of the CD earnings will go towards efforts to find an Ewing's Sarcoma vaccine and improve early detection efforts. Bands are encouraged to submit contributions through the StompOutCancer website beginning July 11th.
For additional information contact Jake Wheat at 502 489-1501 or e-mail at email@example.com.
Previously on Blabbeando:
- June 15, 2007: Steven Mackin would have turned 28 today
- March 7, 2007: The Associated Press profiles Steven Mackin
- February 19, 2007: Steven lives on!
- October 30, 2006: Goodbye, my friend
- October 28, 2006: Word is out so...
- October 26, 2006: Damn, Steven
- October 13, 2006: LJ Bears *heart* Steven Mackin
- September 29, 2006: I *heart* puppies
- September 26, 2006: We love Steven Mackin
- June 20, 2006: Oh no he didn't! Oh yes she did! More bloggers!
- April 12, 2006: More fun with Steven
- January 31, 2006: KY = KY jelly or Kentucky?
- November 3, 2005: Time for some good ol' butt